Monday, March 14, 2011

WRECK!

So I was in a wreck on Saturday morning on my way to work. I was driving to work and about 2 minutes away when I got hit. I was in the left turn lane waiting for the light to turn green when all of a sudden a car turns left into my lane instead of the lane next to me. I looked at the guy in the car and he was looking down so I slammed on my horn and he looked up, he swerved to miss me but still clipped the left corner of my bumper. Thank heaven he did not hit me head on! He waited to see my reaction so I jumped out of my car to look at the damage. He asked if there was any damage and I said yes. He asked if he could give me his info and not call the police. I tried calling Jon and of course he did not answer so I called my dad. My dad said to call the police. I called the police and it took 20 minutes for police officer to come. (the entire time I was blocking the turn lane) He looked at the cars and said to move them out of traffic. When we moved our cars the guy that hit me got out and started talking. I got out and waited for him to finish then the police officer came over and asked me what happened. When I told him he said it all makes sense and gave me the police report to start on. I finished my report and the police officer said it would be a couple more minutes. When he came back he gave me a paper with the information I needed on the guy that hit me and told me I could go. He then said that the guy that hit me was going to be arrested for warrants and driving on a suspended license. I am glad the car he was driving was insured! We called the insurance company and have filed a claim and we are now just waiting to hear back. I hope we can get it taken care of quickly! I am so glad it was a very minor accident and no one was hurt.
Beside that my brother's wedding is this week so my mom and I are making 500 sugar cookies on Wednesday! It will be fun. I better get going!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment